Phone: (216) 785-0044
I graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and received my law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. I practice in all areas of intellectual property law and I’m admitted to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- If I wasn’t a lawyer, I would be: a photographer (an Ansel Adams wannabe).
- Every morning I look forward to: throwing the Frisbee to my retrievers (Levi and Drake).
- A book I would reread: definitely Hemingway—The Sun Also Rises.
- On my bucket list: the Himalayas; backpacking Yellowstone; skiing everything!
More about Victor:
Victor is a founding member of Walters & Wasylyna LLC. Victor focuses his practice on the assessment, procurement, transfer and enforcement of intellectual property rights in the United States and around the globe.
As a patent attorney, Victor has experience in a wide range of technical fields, including adhesives, alloys, alternative and renewable energy systems, automotive systems, avionics, biomechanical systems, brewing and distillation, business methods, chemicals, including small molecules and large molecules, child safety devices, coatings, complex control systems, composites, computer software, drug delivery systems, electrical circuits and devices, electro-mechanical systems, fuel cells, materials processing and handling equipment, medical diagnostic equipment and devices, metallurgy, mining, nanostructures, office products, optics, packaging and labeling, papermaking, pest control, pharmaceuticals, printers and printing devices, sensors, solar cells and solar energy systems, surgical tools, testing equipment and wind power systems.
Victor is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the United District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Victor has presented on the following topics:
- “Intellectual Property and Trade Secret Protection: the Legalities of Doing Business in China” National Business Institute 2008 and 2011.
- “Intellectual Property Rights in China” Doing Business in China Certification Program (Miami University) 2007.
- “Vitiation and the Doctrine of Equivalents: Where Do You Draw the Line?” In-House CLE Program 2005.
Victor’s representations include:
- Defense of a pet products company in a patent infringement action.
- Representation of an accused infringer in patent reexamination proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Representation of an apparel firm in a trademark infringement action involving skinny jeans (Victor did not attempt to wear the skinny jeans).
- Representation of a trademark owner in a trademark cancellation action involving personal training services.
- Enforcement of copyrights owned by the estate of a famous artist.